Virginia Class Assault Cruiser

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Virginia Class Assault Cruiser

Post by HunterSteel on Sat 16 Feb - 10:27

Okay, since everyone obviously disliked my art work on the other model. (people who I showed it to liked it alot)

So I came up with this. (No, I didn't work on any TL's or JGs. Dunno what a DR is. Because I can't find myself thinking of anything good for them. The only thing was the Eztec Hypergate that I came up with.)

But yeah, back to what I was saying, here it is:

About texturing, a friend of mine has offered to help me with that. He uses Autodesk Maya to make his models. I looked at the interface (since I have Maya, its fairly complex, but can do 10 times that which 3DS MAX can.)

What do you think about this one?

~Hunter

HunterSteel

Back to top Go down

Re: Virginia Class Assault Cruiser

Post by keltwookie on Sat 16 Feb - 11:21

Well, even if it's a clear progress, I think the lines are really too aggressive, it is especially visible in the views #4 and #5. On the views #1 and #2, angles are too sharp in the stern and in the bow, they would thus be rounded off. All of this is lacking, in my opinion, subtlety. Undoubtedly, your recent work has absolutely nothing to do with the first model which you presented us (Corsair Dreadnought), to the point that we begin to wonder who designed this model, it's obviously not the same artist... a lack of inspiration?

I am sorry but once again, I prefer the ships packs models I downloaded recently. I suggest you to finalize your work, 1 day only to build a complete model appears to me a work made too quickly.
Having said that and once again, you have undoubtly made some progress, but it's insufficient for now...be brave, you can't become an accomplished 3D artist in 2 or 3 weeks.

Back to the drawing board mate !
keltwookie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HunterSteel on Sat 16 Feb - 12:27

Well, the Corsair Dreadnought had too many polygons, adding more polygons to round something off happens and ends up with 48k polygons. The bow and stern are supposed to be so sharp, its what adds to the look of the ship. (My inspiration for this one came from another universe all together) If you want more Star Wars inspired ships, then I'll begin designing more ships to fit the Corsair Dreadnought. But these ships are designed for another faction, different design, different inspiration, different everything. I'm trying to make each faction's ships as unique as I possibly can.

This is just to show what I have done to keep to my goal of doing that.

~Hunter

HunterSteel

Back to top Go down

Post by keltwookie on Sat 16 Feb - 12:38

The Corsair have too many polys, we ALL know it now (bis repetita x4). But what someone suggested you is to review your model to reduce that number, apparently , you didn't follow this advice by re-doing your work.

I don't want Star Wars ships (I got loads of SW models), It was not what I wanted to say, but a little bit less "sharpy" could be better, so, really and sincerely sorry again, I don't like it.

It's you who talk often about NSU, see the models they imported from games like AFF (Fallen Angels First) or Sins of a Solar Empire, these ones are 3D models standards now and yes, I really think they are beautifull, and i'm not the only one to think this (see comments on Starport). Well, all of this to say that you miss self-criticism on your work.

bis repetita:...back to the drawing board !

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum