KLGS - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Technologies used

3 posters

Go down

Technologies used Empty Technologies used

Post by keltwookie Tue 5 Mar - 23:15

After few forwarded PMs and a few emails, it's time an old topic be back on the scene: Tradelanes, Jump Gates, Docking Rings , Equipment, Weapons and the diverse appearance/origin they can have, short said, custom techs for new houses.
I found a plugin which could set speed for each Trade Lane. This could allow to think that there are several different technologies used in The Threat Mod if we decide to run this plugin. Still in this point of view, Trade Lanes, Jump Gates and Docking Rings must have the same effects/appearance, etc... So-we-need-MODELS to reflect the different technologies used.

The *ini coding is not a problem, because with a little bit of practice and tests, I can set up new effects without much difficulties. So we can imagine new weapons, equipements,, etc.. but imagining new technologies with the old Vanilla's models is not really attractive, nor motivating, as the device/weapon/equipment appearance would be the same.
So, as long I don't have VALID MODELS to include into the mod, the technologies for all factions will be about the same.

So, once again, if you want new types of technologies, you know what I'm asking. Wink

@ Hunter

Let's imagine the Eztec Empire with Vanilla's TLs...curious isn't it? So you want new tech? Bring us VALID-TEXTURED-MODELS and once again, if you want a new house/faction, I need stuff !
keltwookie
keltwookie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Technologies used Empty Re: Technologies used

Post by HunterSteel Wed 6 Mar - 0:49

Cut me some slack here, I am fairly busy on my end now. Haven't had time to do anything for FL recently. All I can do is lurk on forums atm. Haven't even had time to work on 3DS MAX. Although I am trying to find the time, but right now, things are a little hectic on my end. I am currently the only guy making models for The Threat, and I have a huge task of making info cards for each ship, weapon, trade lane, jump gate and base that I make. I also have the mountainous task of having to make the Eztec Empire's writeup work in conjunction with The Threat's story line aswell.

So be a little patient with me. I'll work on the new models, I am still learning to texture, (doing that on 3DS MAX is actually quite hard. Even with explanations, the texturing part is not a no brainer like actually making the model)

Ontop of that, I have to balance all of this in with running a faction on Discovery Redemption, NSU, and being part of a faction in Freeworlds, + my schoolwork, homework, studies and time to spend with my girlfriend. If you can find someone to help build the models it would be a great help, even I am having a hard time finding someone to help me build the models.

~Hunter
HunterSteel
HunterSteel

Back to top Go down

Post by keltwookie Wed 6 Mar - 1:17

Okay, there is RL and I don't have one and Gunner either, is that what you mean? Remember when you presented your first idea of an Eztec Gate? How many months since this? And how many months since Gunner told you to review your write ups. I'm really sorry: I won't refuse your help, but we are still waiting and waiting again... I previously planned to release the first beta for Christmas 2013. So try to understand that if I can't count on a date to manage the worktime, I won't add anything else. Consider that the Corsair shipline is already integrated, so, I won' t count on you for this.
keltwookie
keltwookie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Technologies used Empty Technologies

Post by Gunner Thu 14 Mar - 16:39

This little matter has concerned me for some time and I needed to think a little to the previous posts here before I replied.
Technology is a product of advancing evolution. So every civilisation that evolves at the same rate and at the same time should, in theory, be in the same technology era, give or take a a few decades (no more). Unfortunatly nothing advances technology quicker than war. The first post WW2 space rocket was actually fired using the German V2 rocket, which was also the first intercontinental ballistic weapon.
Also there is the theory that advanced civilisations capable of inter stella space travel would avoid civilisation of a lower technical capability for fear sub species contamination. Unless of course that advanced civilisation sought domination. In Freelancer there is the need for all factions to be in the same technical block otherwise no player would want to get involved with the lesser faction. Here lies the problem, all Freelancer factions should have access to similar technologies. There should be advantages and disadvantages in all aspects. So any faction that claims to have a history of a few million years (6 has been quoted) and at the time was technically advanced, should be so advanced in its evolution that it would either avoid every other faction or remove it as we would remove an infestation today. The Industrial revolution on earth took place just over 300 years ago so our previous existence saw very little technical progress that kept in pace with our evolution.
So my propostions is that any faction claiming an advanced civilisation of millions of years must show, in its write up history, where and how it suffered technical and evolutionary stagnation. It should also show how it regained its evolutionary foothold in order to arrive at the same "state" as the rest of the inhabitants of "The Threat".
I sincerley hope that should man survive another 6 million years he is more advanced than firing projectile weapons at his nieghbours in space. Perhaps we should have evolved out of our current evolutionary and physical appearance.

Regards, and I welcome feedback.
Gunner
Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post by keltwookie Thu 14 Mar - 16:44

Feedback?

+1

... here's my feedback ... Nothing to add.
keltwookie
keltwookie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum