KLGS - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trent should be older

3 posters

Go down

Trent should be older Empty Trent should be older

Post by keltwookie Mon 8 Jul - 12:28

As some of you already now, the Mod take place 37 years after the victory of Edison Trent and the Order on the Nomads. Trent is now retired behind his bar on a Freelancer base. if the story take place 37 years after the Nomad Wars, it's thus logical to think that Trent is now 37 years older, so not the young man we all know. So, let's say Trent is 25 in the SP campaign, we could think that he's about 62 years old

Here's what I imagined: why not see Trent as it is now, means that he could be dressed in a more relaxed way: Hawaiian shirt and sandals, his face lines would more be wrinkled and Trent could carry long hairs, why not attached with a ponytail and be badly shaved

...Flower Power style? Laughing

Well it's just an idea, but the main problem is that I don't have the skills to build new npc bodies and heads, if any drawer/modeller (texturer ??? Laughing ) read this....

Ideas welcome
keltwookie
keltwookie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Trent should be older Empty Edison Trent

Post by Gunner Mon 8 Jul - 16:53

The problem with Edison Trent as I see it is as follows:

Yes he is a lot older now, but please don't say he is passed it lol

In The Threat he props up his bar and talks to those pilots who come and go so is rarely, if ever, in space now.

The new character skin is great but who will be the player when visiting the bar and dealers on bases and who will the NPCs refer to when talking? Normally they refer to "Trent" and to change this would take a lot of modding of the audio files.

So perhaps he is here to stay. Lets age him for sure if possible but lets not turn him into a hippee as we don't all have a mid life crises Very Happy 

Regards

Gunner
Gunner

Back to top Go down

Trent should be older Empty Re: Trent should be older

Post by keltwookie Mon 8 Jul - 17:38

Gunner wrote:
The new character skin is great but who will be the player when visiting the bar and dealers on bases and who will the NPCs refer to when talking?  Normally they refer to "Trent" and to change this would take a lot of modding of the audio files.
Yes, of course, I promise, I will work on audio files as soon as I can.

Gunner wrote:So perhaps he is here to stay. Lets age him for sure if possible but lets not turn him into a hippee as we don't all have a mid life crises Very Happy
Why not?...considering what grows on Reno drunken... Laughing Laughing Laughing
keltwookie
keltwookie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner Mon 8 Jul - 18:25

That's a good point about what grows on Reno.

Good luck with Audio files as they beat me. Music easy, voice timing Aaaaarrrrggggh.
Gunner
Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Waves Sun 22 Sep - 8:55

I was wondering why the player should always play as Trent on a multiplayer server.
Any of you think it would possible to give the new player a choice as to who his/her character should be , what gender and what he/she/it should look like?

Waves
Waves

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner Sun 22 Sep - 9:09

Hi, The Threat is not intended as a singleplayer mod and as such they are not required to play anyone in particular. In this Mod Trent has retired and runs a business. We included his character in order that the historical record remained intact. Mydrhin has made him look older as it would seem a tad stupid if 30 or so years on he still looked the same. As for building a catalogue of characters in order that a new character can look different would take some time to develop but maybe something to think about for future versions. Nice idea.
Gunner
Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Waves Sun 22 Sep - 9:36

Ok. Noted as a side project.
Thanks
Waves
Waves

Back to top Go down

Post by keltwookie Fri 27 Sep - 1:38

Yeah, I really like the idea Very Happy

But as said Gunner, it asks a lot of work, essentially in coding, when I say 'coding', it means 'C' coding, not only editing *ini files. I'm not an expert but what your idea suggest is to review entirely the main code of Freelancer.
keltwookie
keltwookie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Waves Fri 27 Sep - 19:47

Maybe, what about the Freelancer character editor though. That seems to work rather easy. Not sure how that would impact on multiplayer....
If memory serves a similar option is available on the Crossfire mod's start up preference settings.

Waves
Waves
Waves

Back to top Go down

Post by keltwookie Sat 28 Sep - 14:25

Yes true, but on Crossfire, it allow you to change clothes of existing chars (what a sexy Juni heh?). Your idea suggest me to build a totally new character choice for players. I don't know if you play RP games like Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights (I played hours, night and days), but on the beginning, the main screen allows you to choice heads, race, abilities, etc..., like in every RP game. It could be a great improvement to do this for a Freelancer Mod, especialy if this one is dedicated to Role Playing. But I seriously doubt that the Char Editor you quoted above can do the job - I have to check the software and see if it could be modified (license: open source?). And if so, maybe it could be integrated to the mod...if an nice experienced coder would decide to join us Very Happy
I maintain your idea is a great one, but I'm not sure it will be integrated into the first release: too much work to do yet.
keltwookie
keltwookie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum