KLGS - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Espada Class Corsair Dreadnought

3 posters

Go down

Espada Class Corsair Dreadnought Empty Espada Class Corsair Dreadnought

Post by HunterSteel Mon 4 Feb - 11:11

Okay, over the course of January, since my Eztec ideas went down, I started designing a ship for a faction I knew was already worked out.

Here they are:

Espada Class Corsair Dreadnought 250666_458423134222782_2119179611_n

Espada Class Corsair Dreadnought 483623_458423154222780_2014580134_n

Espada Class Corsair Dreadnought 537853_458423170889445_239214093_n

Espada Class Corsair Dreadnought 379768_458423127556116_1127457484_n

Espada Class Corsair Dreadnought 419690_458423194222776_1887557554_n

Espada Class Corsair Dreadnought 600462_458423207556108_1674549556_n

Espada Class Corsair Dreadnought 481490_458423220889440_1267337613_n

Espada Class Corsair Dreadnought 65261_458423427556086_463588736_n

Espada Class Corsair Dreadnought 526621_458423304222765_430965914_n

Tell me what you think?

~Hunter

Last edited by HunterSteel on Tue 5 Feb - 2:17; edited 1 time in total
HunterSteel
HunterSteel

Back to top Go down

Espada Class Corsair Dreadnought Empty Very Interesting Design

Post by Gunner Mon 4 Feb - 19:17

A very interesting and neat design. Have you put a specification together yet? If so please post it so that we can see the whole intended project.
One Question at this time. How many engines has it got? There seems to be no less than 13 vents which could be drive thrusters. 4 of them appear in the last diagram that are not visable anywhere else but if I am correct they are forward facing so may be Gun Turrets. If so then 9 engine vents which may be far too many depending upon the spec.

But neat work, you have a grasp of the modelling program so WDU.

Gunner
Gunner
Gunner

Back to top Go down

Espada Class Corsair Dreadnought Empty Re: Espada Class Corsair Dreadnought

Post by keltwookie Mon 4 Feb - 20:54

Welcome back Hunter

I notice your absence was studious. What a progress in 3D modeling, what a good surprise !
This Corsair Dreadnought look deadly, "sniffers" will suffer hahaha.

Just one thing: About nozzles (yes engines' out are called like this in FL codding), do what you want as is just a number to add for me.
But about turrets, could you erase them please?, I already have problems on some models because of this, except if your turrets are turning on their axe. I ask because I doubt that the turrets models available in FL will fit with those you designed. The best could be to build specific turret models, apart from the ship...all of this, of course, if you decide to integrate your creation into the mod, for my part, I would be glad to do so.

oh, and if you don't mind , I will replace this thread in the right section, so in the modeling area Very Happy

A last question: how many polygons? Wink

Once again, well done !
keltwookie
keltwookie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HunterSteel Mon 4 Feb - 23:16

In the last picture, you are looking at a forward view of the Bridge and the base of the Bridge tower which mounts two of the main guns. I have made improvements of the ship since these designs were screened. The ship has 4 main engines and 5 secondary impulse drives.

The gun models that I placed were only in there to show where the hardpoints of the main guns are. I've made some secondary gun implacements for AA guns. I'll bring those schematics up soon. I don't have a description of the Espada yet, but will have it soon aswell. I'll remove the gun models. For now, the ship will have to use the models that are already in FL. Preferably the double barrel models. lol

Now, to answer some questions that can also be rising(Myr, will get to your polygon question just now as soon as I remember how many lol): The ship, has approx 22 main cannons. I will get back with an approx number of secondary guns (AA Turrets) I wanted to add torpedo slots, but decided against it lol. But as to give an idea of the amount of polygons. The main body of the ship, take away the bridge, the guns and the engines, and your left with that triangular knife design. That thing started out as a square box lol. The bridge is the same. So is the bridge tower and the also the base of the bridge tower. The engines are simply long cylinders. And thats about it. I'll take away the guns so that there's not as many polygons to deal with.

Hope this gives an idea of what I have in mind for the ship.

~Hunter
HunterSteel
HunterSteel

Back to top Go down

Post by keltwookie Mon 4 Feb - 23:39

okay, but....

You have to keep in mind that the Guns harpoints, so the mountable guns, will be limited to 25, torpedo/missiles slots included. Yes, once again, it have to be balanced, and not have a huge amount of mountable weapons like I did on the Gallic BS (32 !) LOL, of course, I will reduce this.
Have you seen the Vanilla's turrets models? Well, to be honnest, they are ugly, textures as well. It's why I suggested you to plan turret models. Seeing the work you already done, I don't think it will be difficult for you. just 2/3 needed: Primary + Secondary + eventual anti-fighter model.

Oh, and for the ship, don't forget to texture it Wink

One last off- topic thing: Eztec Empire is not forgotten - PM sent

EDIT: And at the risk to give you an huge sum of work, if you want to plan the complete Corsair's ship line, you are more than welcome LOL.
keltwookie
keltwookie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HunterSteel Tue 5 Feb - 0:08

Well, 32 guns is hardly a huge amount of guns lol. Look at NSU, their largest ships have 45 guns, but some of them are taken down by ships with 22 guns lol. The amount of guns doesn't determine the victor, the skill of the pilots do. Wink It will have 22 Main cannons, there are no secondary cannons, but there will be AA guns. The Espada class dreadnought is designed with full assault in mind. In otherwords, its become once again, one of the most powerful capships ingame, if you'll allow it to be. lol And also, I am going to create a model for the light battleship which can be given to the allies of the Corsairs. And a cruiser, gunboat and the fighter line.

I am still working on how to texture it, but I am getting there, I believe atleast.

~Hunter
HunterSteel
HunterSteel

Back to top Go down

Post by keltwookie Tue 5 Feb - 0:28

I never tried the NightStalker Universe Mod but I got the whole stuff on my HDD...impressive work !
But honestly: 45 mountable guns is a little bit too much, imagine the player who just buy the ship, it will take him ages (and lot of money I guess) to mount, check, and place guns properly.
I already tried with the Gallic BS and it took me almost 30 minutes the first time I tried...and I had the model and shiparch.ini entry under my eyes LOL.
To return to the main subject, and once again, each ship will have their advantages and inconveniences, it's normal, and no the Corsair Dread won't be the most powerfull ship in game, you have to count with the Bret (Tiger) and the Gallic one (Prometheus) as Brets and Gallics are true allies and sharing some of their tech, hehe.

Last edited by Myrdhin on Fri 6 Dec - 4:39; edited 1 time in total
keltwookie
keltwookie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HunterSteel Tue 5 Feb - 1:10

You misread, I said ONE of the most powerful, not the most powerful lol. And on NSU, you only have a singly type of gun loadout. And that is a type of loadout thats around, well, the game sells you the ship with the completed loadout lol. And it doesn't take ages, I got my Executor setup in like 15 minutes. My usual time lol. But thats enough of a rant. The Corsair Dread only has 2 types of guns. Anti Air, and Main Battleship Cannons. I thought of adding heavy turrets to it, but decided I would rather want the guns to fire for a longer period of time. As for the capship using torps, the torpedo slots will go to the light battleship. Thats kinda going to be like a ship used for hit and run tactics and in fleet battles will be a ship for strike purposes.

While the role of the Espada is to be a ship that dishes out and takes a beating. Its like a battle platform and also doubles as the flagship and command center in fleet battles. I was registered quite a few times at the starport lol. And yes, I will make my own gun models. No worries about that. Smile Oh yeah, Myr, have you seen how the guys of the Freeworlds mod pushed the Freelancer Game Engine to its ultimate limits? Check it out, you'll be amazed at what they did.

~Hunter
HunterSteel
HunterSteel

Back to top Go down

Post by keltwookie Tue 5 Feb - 6:04

Our compulsive poster is back ! (you're quoted like this in the Readme file hahaha)

About the loadout: Any way, all BS, Dread turrets are coded ass class 10 turrets. Furthermore, maybe players would want have the choice, so, I will code prim, sec and AA turets + a "mortar" like, as I did for alll others.
For the model itself, keep in mind that turrets are in 2 parts: the barrel(s) which is mobile on a Z axe , and the base which is mobile on the X,Y axe. To have an exemple, look in DATA\EQUIPMENT\MODELS\TURRET and open a*.cmp file with HardCMP, available here:
https://klgs.forumactif.org/t5-for-moders
Oh, and don't forget that I can't resize turret models because of the 2 parts, so you're work must have the right size.

About ToW:
Yes, I follow this with a great attention, the dev team said that they will release (if I'm not wrong) this new game engine in a public license, under the form of a dll to add. If I understood correctly, they added the possibility to add DX9 to Freelancer, which originally runs DX8. The main problem will be that the players who won't have a good pc, won't be able to run the mod, because of graphics. Maybe it could this could be a part of a new thread, don't you think?

...But let's close this off-topic Wink
keltwookie
keltwookie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HunterSteel Tue 5 Feb - 10:30

How many heavy turret (mortar like turrets) allowed?

~HUnter
HunterSteel
HunterSteel

Back to top Go down

Post by keltwookie Tue 5 Feb - 10:35

Read again what I wrote above, all BS turrets are class 10, so if you want mount a mortar on the rear, feel free to do it
keltwookie
keltwookie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HunterSteel Tue 5 Feb - 11:00

Ah okay, well, thats okay. I was wondering if we could use the old heavy mortar and mortar animation that 4.85 used. Since 4.85 is no longer used, I think we can use the mortar animations. I can make the models for the mortars too. So far, the Espada is finished. I was busy making the model for a shipyard that produces up to light battleships. It also can double off as a supply base for ships like the Espada. I'll bring up the model soon when I am finished with it. (I took it upon myself to remake the Corsair bases too lol)

I believe I have gotten better at it. lol Alot better at it. The Espada is only my second model, and the Station is my third.

~Hunter
HunterSteel
HunterSteel

Back to top Go down

Post by keltwookie Tue 5 Feb - 11:07

About animations, we have to create all by ourselves, even if 4.85 is no longer used, all the stuff belongs to creators/authors so license submitted. Okay, I took an Ale (effect main file) file from Disco to check a few things, but as soon I know how build this file, poof ! I erase it.

But once again...off topic

Let's talk on chat box if you have time Smile
keltwookie
keltwookie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down