KLGS - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beta testing

3 posters

Go down

Beta testing Empty Beta testing

Post by Waves Sun 6 Oct - 19:14

I finally managed to download and start testing the mod.

I encountered my first problem when attempting to adjust the sound settings in the main menu. I specifically started there .
Just to be clear: I'm running Windows 8 proffesional 32 bitt at the moment. I'm using a discreet CMI audio card using CMI8738 audio drivers. My mobo survived a lightning strike a few years back and lost the onboard Realtek audio chip and 2 usb ports. Apart from that its been soldiering on for 3 years since with no problems.

The game froze and refused to even Alt+tab switch out of it. I was presented with a black screen, menu music still looping in the background and all controlls unresponsive. I doubt my pc is to blame as the windows install, all drivers and so forth are up to date. Also I run several other mods of Freelancer with no hiccups at all.

This only happened when I tried to adjust the audio. I was able to adjust and view all the other settings .

Waves

Waves
Waves

Back to top Go down

Beta testing Empty Re: Beta testing

Post by Gunner Sun 6 Oct - 22:18

When you say that you this only happens when you adjust the audio, what adjustment are you trying to achieve? Perhaps I could try to recreate it.

Regards
Gunner
Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Waves Mon 7 Oct - 19:52

An old friend used to say pc's are issued with their own ghosts, " ghosts in the machine" I would joke.

Today I recreated my exact movements and low and behold. No crashes. All is fine.
I wasn't trying to make any specific adjustments, just tried being thorough and checking all menu settings for bugs.

Will move onto flying now. Server ip?
Waves
Waves

Back to top Go down

Post by keltwookie Fri 11 Oct - 8:57

Sorry for late reply

Waves wrote:...pc's are issued with their own ghosts, " ghosts in the machine"...
Ghost in the Shell. I don't like much Japenese animes but I must admit this one is a must, especially for its scenario.

Waves wrote:Will move onto flying now. Server ip?
As the new server is not online yet, I suggest you to create your own private one, by using DS Process Manager and DS Account Manager available here:

http:///klgs.forumactif.org/t19-fl-server-tools-downloads#22

Once installed, use this method to reach your private server:

https://klgs.forumactif.org/t174-how-running-a-fl-server-without-an-internet-conection
keltwookie
keltwookie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Waves Fri 11 Oct - 19:55

Thanks, I tried running a server and game on the same pc using core affinity. All runs fine except the game wont connect to the server, even though its visible in the server list.
This in Win 8.
Then I tried running a server on a win 7 laptop on my jome network...The Threat refuses to install properly on that.
I'll try the links.

Waves
Waves
Waves

Back to top Go down

Post by keltwookie Fri 11 Oct - 20:03

oops, Win8 !

I'm sorry but I know absolutely nothing about that new OS.

About the downloads, read carefully the text available in the archives, they explain all about how configuring properly the softwares.

If nothing works, the most experienced here about all of this is Gunner, he managed to install a private server under Win7 if I remember correctly
keltwookie
keltwookie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down