KLGS - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Commodities Submissions Procedure

3 posters

Go down

Commodities Submissions Procedure Empty Commodities Submissions Procedure

Post by keltwookie Sun 18 Nov - 18:28

Please post here your idea about new commodities:

1) The infocard
2) Who or which faction produce it
3) Who or which faction is the biggest consummer
4) Legal good or not (drugs, softwares, etc...)
5) if it's a mineable commodity, please indicate where you want it to be mined and who / which faction could have the best mining ratio and where (planet/base) the ore could be sold at the highest price
keltwookie
keltwookie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Commodities Submissions Procedure Empty Re: Commodities Submissions Procedure

Post by Waves Tue 24 Sep - 20:00

At this point I would like to mention something that has always bugged me.
Stuttgart according to Freelancer lore is inconceivably fertile. If ZonZons idea for Planet Harris is used the same could be said. Why then can not buy agricultural product there?

In systems where you can mine minerals, like silver ore, copper etc, you cannot buy said mineral at a cost effective price for trading, mostly.
Things like mineral ore should fetch best price for miners at smelters and mining stations.
Things like Niobium, Iridum and Berylium are inevitably used for building engins and weapons. They should fetch best price at places like research facilities and shiptards or gate construction sites.
things like Hull panels and gate lane parts also fetch best prices when delivered to shipyards and gate construction sites.
Smelters should produce items like raw copper from ore that traders can buy there and sell on to hous planets wheree arts and crafts people can buy it for the making of jewelery and or goverments for the making of money.
Jewelery in its turn should be sold on house planets for sale to holiday resort planets like Curacuo in Cortez or Baden Baden in Stuttgart.

The current state of things on most servers dont make any sense to me.
I'm sure many of you will have ideas to add .
Waves
Waves

Back to top Go down

Post by keltwookie Fri 27 Sep - 9:11

+1

Yes, I always found FL economy a little bit illogical, but another one confirmed what i always thought: Freelancer was a game never finnished. It means that a lot of commodities buy/sell places have to be entirely re-thought.
keltwookie
keltwookie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner Fri 27 Sep - 9:21

waves has a very good point and Myrdin is correct in his assumptions. Is this the time to rectify this? We haven't yet set up commodities on bases and systems to the full, Myrdhin has made a few suggestions along the way to complete story lines.
So is it time to try and correct this imbalance, Im game to try. We may not get it right but I am sure we can go a long way to improve it.
Gunner
Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down